Jellystone Parks Plan July Fourth Events
Bicycle parades, campsite decorating contests and red, white and blue crafts are just some of the activities taking place at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Parks across the U.S. for Independence Day weekend.
“It’s always one of our busiest times of the year,” said Michele Wisher, vice president of marketing for Milford, Ohio-based Leisure Systems Inc. (LSI), which franchises 82 campgrounds across the U.S. and Canada.
Most of the parks are family owned and operated, but they stand out from other campgrounds because of the unique activities and experiences they provide for children and their families, according to LSI. In fact, Yogi Bear himself often joins in on the fun.
“Every day starts off with a flag salute with Yogi Bear, and from that point on the day’s activities begin,” Wisher said, adding that each Jellystone Park location offers its own unique activities in addition to the activities that are standard throughout the Jellystone Park network.
Here’s a sampling of the Independence Day weekend activities at Jellystones across the country:
- Akron, Ohio: This campground will have a cardboard boat regatta where guests build a cardboard boat big enough for two people and then race against time in the pool.
- Caledonia, Wis.: Activities include an American trivia game and a presidential hair contest.
- Eufaula, Okla.: This campground will have fire truck rides, face painting and tattoos and a dance party by the pool.
- Lawrence, Kan.: A Hawaiian-style Independence Day will be celebrated at this campground with a virgin Pina Colada social, face painting, and a luau dance party.
- Lincoln, Del.: A pet parade will be among the Independence Day activities at this park. There will also be hot dogs and apple pie.
- Luray, Va.: This campground will have a patriotic parade, live music and patriotic hair beading.
- Tabor City, N.C.: This park will have a patriotic campsite decorating contest; a golf cart and bicycle parade; crafts and games.
- Tyler, Texas: Activities include a red, white and blue costume contest and an onsite fireworks display.
- Williamsport, Md.: This park’s activities include red, white and blue crafts; a patriotic bicycle and golf parade; a watermelon eating contest; a greased watermelon relay; sack races; adults-only laser tag; and miniature golf with a bear. This park will also provide a fireworks show.
About Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resorts
Launched in 1969, the Jellystone Park™ system is the second largest chain of campgrounds in the United States, boasting 84 campgrounds with more than 17,000 campsites and vacation rentals in 33 states and four Canadian provinces. Its Camp-Resorts are among the best campgrounds in the industry with a quality reputation for being fun, friendly, clean and service-oriented parks. Additionally, each Jellystone Park™ is themed with Yogi Bear™ elements providing instant recognition and consumer appeal. It is truly a place “Where You Camp With Friends.”® Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resorts are franchised through Leisure Systems, Inc. (LSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Park River Corporation, Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information, visit http://www.campjellystone.com.