Jellystone Park™ Franchising Information
There are currently more than 75 Jellystone Park locations across the United States and Canada that are individually owned and operated by our franchisees. New franchisees can join the Jellystone Park brand by converting an existing campground into a Jellystone Park location, building a brand new Jellystone Park location from scratch or purchasing an existing location from the current owner/franchisee.
When a franchise opens a new Jellystone Park location (by converting an existing campground or building a new location from scratch), that franchisee receives a 10-foot-tall Yogi Bear statue to place at the front of the location and that franchisee also receives a $2,500 credit that can be applied to the purchase of a new location welcome sign. Those two elements combine to truly “wow” incoming guests and let them know they have officially entered the world of Jellystone Park.
The new franchisee also receives character costumes for Yogi Bear™, Boo Boo™, and Cindy Bear™.
Minimum Requirements for Becoming a Jellystone Park
Not every campground can meet the requirements to become a Jellystone Park location. The following is a list of some of the minimum requirements that a campground must meet in order to be considered as a Jellystone Park location:
- At least one hundred (100) campsites
- At least four (4) full-service cabin-style rentals which include full restroom accommodations and a kitchenette.
- A registration/retail sales area
- A commercial swimming pool that is at least 20 feet x 50 feet
- Modern restroom/bathhouse facilities
- An indoor or outdoor theater to show movies and Yogi Bear™ cartoons
- A commercial recreation pavilion
- A commercial childrens’ playground
- Modern laundry facilities
- Dump station
Additional information regarding our brand minimum requirements can be found in the Jellystone Park Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
While the above items note some of our brand’s minimum requirements, to truly thrive we recommend franchisees add the following items to their location:
- A large number of additional sites and full-service cabin/glamping rental accommodations above the minimum requirements
- Dedicated Bear’s Den facility for character interactions
- A large dedicated retail store
- Water attractions such as water slides, a splashground, a floating obstacle course, and/or watercraft for a lake
- Dry attractions such as a wagon ride, mini golf, laser tag, a jump pad product, a gem mining sluice, and more
- Our franchise sales and operations teams can provide specific recommendations based on the size and configuration of your campground
- Food and beverage offerings
If you are interested in learning more about converting an existing campground to a Jellystone Park location, please complete our Contact Us form and our Director of Franchise Sales will reach out to you to answer any questions you have and provide you with more detailed information regarding the Jellystone Park franchising process.
To secure the rights to build a brand new Jellystone Park location, a prospective franchisee must meet the following financial requirements:
Minimum Financial Requirements: Net Worth $1,000,000
Liquid Assets: $500,000
Land: A minimum of 30 usable acres of land, already in your possession
Please note, Camp Jellystone does not purchase land, finance construction, or build campgrounds for its prospects or franchisees.
If you are interested in learning more about building a brand new Jellystone Park location, please complete our Contact Us form and our Director of Franchise Sales will reach out to you to answer any questions you have and to share more detailed information regarding the Jellystone Park new build process.