Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resorts is the only franchise in the United States solely focused on the family camping demographic. There are currently more than 75 Jellystone Park locations in the United States and Canada and due to our recent string of successes, we’re currently expanding into new territories.
It’s not just a campground. It’s Jellystone Park™
We’re Smarter Than the Average Franchise
- Ranked the #1 franchise in the camping category by Entrepreneur magazine in 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Ranked one of the Top 50 franchises in the United States in terms of franchisee satisfaction by FranchiseBusinessREVIEW
- Ranked one of the Top 100 franchises in the country by Franchise Gator
- 92% of Jellystone Park franchisees recommend the franchise per FranchiseBusinessREVIEW 2018 survey
- Named one of the best franchises in the nation for women by FranchiseBusinessREVIEW
- Jellystone Park existing location revenues have averaged 10.5% annual growth the past four years
- Jellystone Park locations generated an average of $1.6 million in revenue in 2018
How LSI’s Design/Engineering Partner Helps New and Current Franchisees Succeed
The family camping boom that is attracting new guests to Jellystone Park in record numbers also is generating interest from investors who have never built a camp-resort. Meanwhile, current franchisees are expanding existing campgrounds. Leisure Systems, Inc. partners with Environmental Design Group to assist owners in analyzing potential and existing campgrounds, creating master plans and building or improving parks. Environmental Design Group is the nation’s largest consulting firm specializing in campground master planning, design and construction.
By Stefanie Smith and Dave McCallops, Environmental Design Group
Here’s an example of a problem – call it the danger of wishful thinking, if you want to – that we’ve encountered a number of times: An investor was determined to build a campground and had picked out a site he thought was perfect. It was a stunning piece of land, the type that might make the list of top-10 beautiful places to visit.
In his enthusiasm, the investor neglected to undertake a feasibility study to determine the practicality of developing the site. If he had, he would have learned there were serious drawbacks. The terrain was too hilly and the nearest utilities were miles away, putting development costs out of reach.
The lesson to be learned is that while family camp-resorts can be lucrative investments, they’re far different from other types of commercial and hospitality developments. The key is to prepare a solid master plan that is flexible and includes options to address unexpected snags that may arise during the design and construction phases. Problems with the terrain, utilities or even local government requirements can delay progress if not quickly solved.
Find Out More
Watch an overview of what makes Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts so special. Then, click to our video gallery to view owner testimonials and other insightful videos.