If you are someone who loves the outdoors and is looking to make a solid business investment, purchasing campgrounds is something to seriously consider. In today’s busy world, more people are looking for easy weekend getaway options — and camping is undoubtedly one of the best. With only around 50% of people traveling more than 100 miles away from home during camping trips, investing in your own property has the potential to draw a good amount of clientele from your neighboring areas, especially if your site is within a 50 to 100-mile radius of a large city.
Buying a campground comes with unique business challenges, but it also comes with unique perks and rewards that few other investments can offer. While purchasing campgrounds isn’t something that you should decide on a whim, there are many benefits to ownership that make it a stable option when looking to start your own business.
The Five Benefits Of Purchasing Campgrounds
- Working Outdoors: When you purchase a campground, you will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the outdoor area itself. This means inspecting the grounds — including restroom and wash facilities, campsites, and any recreational areas your site may feature. This helps keep the area both clean and safe. However, if you own a large site, enlisting the help of your family, or hiring outside help, can allow you to cover more ground and prevent you from burning out. In either event, the ability to be outside frequently can help alleviate stress from office work and help boost your mood overall!
- Satisfied Customers: While we might equate customer service to angry retail customers, that’s not always true in the camping business. Here, you’re more likely to meet happy families eager for a weekend retreat than people demanding refunds. While there are always exceptions, a majority of the time your customers will be glad for the camping space you can provide without much (if any) hassle.
- Time Management: When purchasing campgrounds, you have more liberty to control your business. Not only can you personally select staff members to ensure you get the right employees for your site, but you will be able to oversee all the time management and activities that go on. If you’re highly entrepreneurial, there are no limits to the creativity you can instill when constructing your desired business model.
- Desirable Lifestyle: Owning a campground offers a different lifestyle experience than the traditional corporate office. For one thing, you won’t have to worry about being cooped up in a stuffy office all day. In addition, owning a campground can offer a better work-life balance. For those with kids, you can feel free to take them on rounds with you or get their help in cleaning up campsites and recreational areas. This can help keep your family more connected than a standard nine-to-five office job.
- Generational Ties: Continuing with the family theme, purchasing a campground is an investment that will last generations. When you retire, you can pass the business on to your children, who can then eventually pass it onto your grandchildren. This type of business has the potential to offer stability and wealth creation for generations to come, due to the fact that people will always be looking for reputable campsites near them.
Purchasing campgrounds is an investment any entrepreneurial mind should consider if they enjoy the outdoors and are looking to create a sustainable business. People are always going to need campgrounds for weekend retreats; by investing in your own, you can provide a valuable service and design a stable business that your own family can enjoy for generations to come. If you’re an entrepreneur and are looking for the best investment possible, consider the benefits above and how you can use them to start and grow your own campground business.