What Do RV Enthusiasts Look For in a Camping Site?
If you’ve decided to invest in an RV park, you undoubtedly want to attract new customers to your camping site. In order to run a successful RV park franchise, you’ll need to understand what your customers really want. With more than 12,000 RV-related businesses in the U.S. that enjoy a combined annual revenue of more than $37.5 billion, the stakes are high. Fortunately, you can use this post as a guide to RV enthusiast must-haves.
What RV Enthusiasts Want to See in a Campground Franchise
- Appealing Location: When you search for RV parks and campgrounds for sale, you’ll want to zero in on the available properties that provide picturesque views and the proximity to desirable activities. Whether you’re adjacent to a state park or are situated right near a lake or an idyllic forest, this is the kind of natural tranquility RV enthusiasts want to experience. If you can manage it, you’ll want your RV park franchise to be located in an area that’s far enough away from civilization to provide peace and quiet but that’s close enough to it to offer options for family fun. Your location should be convenient enough to get to without reminding RV enthusiasts that they’re close to modern society. And most of all, your location should be aesthetically pleasing.
- Affordable Prices: Most RV owners will be looking for a good deal that allows them to experience other activities in the area. They probably won’t want to spend all of their money on their stay. If you can strike a middle ground that appeals to families, millennials, and empty nesters alike, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to capture a lot of general interest without selling yourself short. Be sure to compare costs of other RV parks in your area and consult with your franchise on sales and marketing opportunities.
- Access to Amenities: We mentioned earlier that RV owners want access to certain services and amenities. Even if a campground is a bit pricier, they might be inclined to choose it if it offers extras that they need. For example, access to laundry facilities, free WiFi, individual sewer hook-ups, cable TV, supply stores, local attractions, P.O. boxes, and repair services are all optional amenities that can capture the interest of RV travelers. If you’re able to offer at least a few of these, RV owners may not actually mind paying a bit more for their stay. Anything you can do to make their lives easier (even if it comes with a nominal cost) will be appreciated.
- Social Opportunities: Many RV enthusiasts will travel around to get away from it all and reconnect with nature. But others really enjoy the social opportunities that RV parks may offer. If you’re able to provide options for both categories of travelers, you’ll be in a great position in terms of sales growth. Your franchise could easily appeal to those who love meeting other RV owners and growing their network of friends from across the country as well as those who simply want to escape from the digitally connected world and fit in some alone time. Some enthusiasts will pick a campground on the basis of whether they think it will align with their social preferences; if you’re able to offer equal consideration for both types of campers, you’ll increase your chances of attracting more customers.
- Great Reputation: With so many campground options to choose from, it can be tough for travelers to know which site will provide the best experience. When your park has name recognition, you’ll already be ahead of the game. Of course, travelers will look at reviews and the quality of your website and marketing materials, so you can’t neglect those. But campground franchises benefit from an established track record in a way that independent sites don’t. Being able to instantly prove your reputation based on the name alone is extremely powerful in the digital age. The more people recognize your name, the easier it will be to attract customers — that’s good branding in a nutshell.
If you want to attract RV enthusiasts, you need to know what makes them tick. To find out more about how our campgrounds can help attract visitors, please contact us today.